Monday, July 28, 2008

So the Pill makes you regular, huh?

I started today. Two weeks early. Which kind of negates my food theory in the last post, as the symptoms were right on time based on a start date of today.

I'm kind of at a loss here. I mean, if I'm taking a steady level of hormones, why does my body not react accordingly? Why do I have early periods, late periods, and no periods? That shouldn't be possible, right?

I suppose I can understand the late periods. My natural cycle is (or at least was...it's been many moons since I had a natural cycle) closer to 34 days than 28. So maybe my body is hitting the snooze button when I'm late. I am a snooze kinda girl, after all, and have been a procrastinator since birth (for which I was also late).

But the early periods...those I just don't get. As heavy as my flow is, I can't believe that it's just the excess forcing its way out ahead of schedule. Is there some sort of physical or emotional trigger? I've been under a fair amount of stress lately. If so, how does that work, exactly? Is there a way to control it? (The reaction, not the stress...for the time being, at least, the stress is a given.)

It's my body. I want to understand it.

No comments: