Saturday, May 22, 2010

Some good, some bad

Started late this month -- day 32. (Well, 31 or 32...in the wee hours of Saturday morning, but I was still awake so it felt like Friday. Let's say 32 for the sake of argument.) Spotted lightly until actual Saturday morning, when I was awakened by worse cramps than I've had in months. Such fun. Once the meds kicked in, they (mostly) alleviated the cramps until later Saturday evening, when they refused to be appeased. Also, two pads (in the diaper formation) were required to contain the flow.

So...bad. But good in that it was over quickly; by day 4, I was merely spotting. Given the choice, I much prefer this route to the 7-day (plus) extended version.

I should note that I have not been keeping up my diet and exercise routine, so I am probably partly to blame here. I'm going to try to do better this month. However, as the pain was largely abdominal, I'm not sure yoga and aerobics would have helped much; those only seem to ameliorate the low back pain.

No comments: