Sunday, August 10, 2008

The wonders of sex

I did, in fact, start my "real" period -- in the middle of my "fake" period. It's very odd to start while you're already bleeding; basically what happens is the cramps get much, much worse and the flow picks up. This weekend was okay for the most part...until this morning.

Nothing like waking up to excruciating pain, flowing so heavily it feels like you're wetting yourself. Happy Sunday! My darling boyfriend gave me a backrub -- unsolicited, but much appreciated. However, my body was so wound up that even the skin on my back was sensitive; he worked a few knots out, but it was more painful than soothing.

Then we had sex. Honestly, I think that helped more than the backrub. Knocked some things loose, so to speak. It was painful during, for the most part, but afterward the cramps pretty much went away. The flow picked up to scary levels for a few hours, but now I think it's dying down. (I haven't had to change my pad for several hours...always a good thing.)

So, more than anything else I've tried so far, I recommend sex if you can get it. It's a good way to hurry things along. And if you've got to suffer, isn't it better to suffer for as short a period of time as possible?

No comments: