Monday, August 25, 2008

Stress...lots of stress

I had my first massage Friday -- a shiatsu massage, which I'd read helps the endo. So far I don't see a difference, though my upper spine does feel a little looser. (Still sore, but looser.) I decided that next time (when I can afford a next time), I'm going in for something more relaxing.

Seeing as I've started spotting again, I think a little relaxation is in order.

It's amazing what stress will do to you. I can understand it interfering with sleeping and eating, but how it turns the flow on and off like a faucet dumbfounds me. Years ago, when we visited my hometown quite frequently, I could count on not starting my period until we came home...sometimes within the hour after we came home, in fact. Even if I was supposed to start while we were gone. Even if I was late.

Now, it seems like my body's reaction to any amount of stress is to open the floodgates. How do you deal with that? My life's just going to be stressful for a while...nothing I can do about that.

No comments: