Friday, November 14, 2008

Addendum to long-ass post

I've made a doctor's appointment for next week. Tuesday (a mere two days after I stopped bleeding), the pain flared up. Bad enough to wake me from a sound sleep. And my stomach's all poofy again. (Well, duh.) Plus migraines. Sore breasts. Crying at the drop of a hat. Generally hating life. Mom says she didn't start having wonky periods like this until she was in her 40s.

So, I'm going. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Had a revelation today. I've been noticing that in recent pictures of me wearing makeup, my face looks a lot darker than the rest of me. At first I thought it's because my freckles are (finally!) starting to fade -- they're the reason I started wearing darker makeup in the first place. Well, today I realized that it's probably more that the rest of me is paler...'cause, you know, I've been bleeding for two for months now. ::forehead smack::

I should start thinking of myself as a friend. Because if this were happening to a friend, I'd have pestered her to go to the doctor months ago. I guess it's just harder to see when it's you.

No comments: