Friday, September 18, 2009

Should have seen this coming

Major stress as of late. Working late, bringing work home, spending nearly every waking moment working, stressing, cussing under my breath. And I've been cramping the whole time -- the period stopped, but the pain didn't.

Shoulda known I'd start early.

A week and two days, to be exact. Well, if I were to start on time...which I never do. Pretty much the only thing that ever makes me start early is stress. Usually, I'm late. Which makes sense, considering my "normal" cycle averaged 34 days. (Quotes intended...my periods were never normal, or regular. But they were also nowhere near the mythical 28-day cycle.) I'm just not a short-cycle girl.

So when I do start early, it's bad.

I've lost 5 lbs in 2 weeks. Sleeping badly; waking up exhausted. I know what this is: my body's way of telling me to slow the hell down. Wish I could.

I've really tried to cope with the stress. To not fall back on the vices I've used to "cope" in the past...smoking too much, drinking too much, eating garbage. But I can't zen myself out of it lately. Working out does help, somewhat; at least when I'm done, I'm too tired to be really angry about anything anymore.

Or so I thought. My uterus thinks otherwise. Apparently denial only takes you so far.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Are you doing any better? You really seem to be having a lot of work stresses. I do read fb more then I comment, same as 43t...but I think about you.

Nicole said...

Funny you should ask...today was brutal. And tomorrow will most likely be worse. I've been too drained (both from work and from this period) to do anything this week other than work and come home. I'm hardly on fb at all lately; my updates come from Twitter. (And I've barely been updating that!)

Hopefully next week will be better -- if nothing else, I should have stopped bleeding by then.

Thanks for letting me know you're thinking of me. :) I've been wondering about you, too; how's the soy thing going? Getting any relief?