Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Mircette, month one

I can't tell you how my periods are on Mircette, 'cause I haven't started yet. I was supposed to start Sunday (and be done today...yeah, right). However, I haven't completely ruled it out yet...I'm in a moderate (no pill, some heating pad) amount of pain, and have that jelly feeling in my thighs that usually means it's coming.

However, everything else seems to be going well. I was a bit moody over the weekend, but it wasn't the crushing depression I'm used to. And I still bloated, but I've actually had days where I felt I looked thin -- it's been so long since I've felt thin! Plus, according to the scale, the bloating's only been in the 3- to 5-lb range, not the 10-15 I'm used to. No real breakouts to speak of. What mid-month pain I had was bearable...more a stiffness in my lower back than actual pain.

So if the period goes well, I'm sold. I know they say it takes 3 months to adjust, but honestly, I typically know how the side effects are going to go within the first month. So far, so good.

No comments: