Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Exhaustion

I've read that endometriosis is often paired with exhaustion, but never realized until today how much so. After work, I took (rather involuntarily) one of my patented 3.5-hour naps. Granted, I was up late last night -- but not that late. Work was hectic -- but not that hectic. And I've not had any pain pills; there's been pain, but not that bad. (Yet.)

In other words, there was no reason for me to have been that tired, but I was. And still am. Luckily, my lack of a personal life leaves me time for such luxuries as evening naps. And my exhaustion level's high enough that it most likely won't even affect my sleep tonight.

However, I don't plan on allowing this to continue. I might have a life someday. So I need to get off my butt and make some lifestyle changes here.

I'm almost through with my month-long ban on pizza and fast food; it's gone better than I expected. But as I was doing dishes tonight, I realized that I do need to make other changes to my eating habits. Lately, I've been too tired to cook and clean, and have thus been eating party mix for dinner most every night. (I'm bad about using the holidays as an excuse to eat horribly.) The dishes from the last batch sat in the sink for two days; seeing what buttery dishes look like after that amount of time made me realize that cutting out pizza and fast food isn't enough -- I need to revise my snacking, and start eating meals again. Until I do, I can't really make any judgment calls on the effectiveness of eliminating crap from my diet, as I just replaced one flavor with another.

I'm also finding that, while I still do like black tea, I prefer green tea. Plus, I think my dependence on caffeine is gone. So I'm going to switch to decaf green tea in the mornings. Hopefully that'll help some of the symptoms. Might even help with the exhaustion.

No comments: