Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Journal. Now.

Many thanks to the Goddess Kelly for suggesting I start a food journal. Because mine's not just a food journal...no, anal-retentive person that I am, it's a state-of-my-body journal. I'm tracking not just what I consume, but also my mood, severity and location of my pain, and any other symptoms I may have. And just in the past few days, I'm seeing the effect starting has on my mood. I went from slightly insecure and weepy to "get off my lawn!" cranky in 48 hours. Really quite amazing, when you think about it. (I think my bf was relieved that I did not join him for the out-of-town concert he attended this weekend.)

While the main point of the journal is to try to determine which foods may or may not worsen my symptoms, I expect to also see patterns in my symptoms. And maybe from there, I can figure out how to alleviate those symptoms. Or at least make sure my loved ones are far away from me when the crazy hits.

No comments: