Thursday, April 24, 2008

Water-logged

I weighed myself earlier, and found I'm about 2 lbs above normal -- and about 4 or so over what I think I really weigh. As I stepped out of the shower, I had my suspicions confirmed: I have grooves where my clothes were. The bra and undie marks could be me getting bigger, but I'd have to gain a lot more weight than this for my socks to be too tight; I have no calves to speak of.

Typically when they talk about bloating, it's premenstrual. Mine is veering more and more to the pre- through postmenstrual. Possibly a change in diet would help this. But I do so love salty, crunchy foods. And low-sodium V-8 tastes like ass.

2 comments:

Dana Seilhan said...

Try upping your potassium in some way. You can get supplements, and you can eat more bananas. :) Avocado's high in it too.

Part of the trick with minerals, and something that nutritionists don't usually tell you for some reason, is you have to look out for ratios of one mineral to another as well as RDI amounts. I could not tell you what someone should be eating as far as sodium/potassium ratio off the top of my head but I do know potassium is prescribed for people with chronic high blood pressure, which is often blamed on sodium. Might be worth a Google search to find out.

Nicole said...

Thanks for the tip! I've read that I should up my consumption of certain minerals (potassium and magnesium, mainly), but nobody ever said by how much. I'll have to look into the ratio thing.